You know that you're obsessed with LOTR when: PART 1
This wouldn't go in my journal...so I'm trying it here. stupid lj...
- You’re known at the local Movie Theater as, “The Two Towers Kid”.
- Your email address/screen name has something to do with LOTR
- This particular email address/screen name is something along the lines of “Lady Greenleaf” or “Master Baggins”.
- You name your pets after someone or something from LOTR.
- You forget what color your walls actually are because they have so much LOTR paraphernalia on them that you haven’t seen them since the Second Age.
- Your bedroom door is decorated to look like the Door of Moria.
- People must “Speak Friend” to enter
- Your birthday party has a Lord of the Rings theme, and no one is allowed in unless they have a proper costume on.
- For this party, you put up a sign at the bottom of your driveway that says, “No admittance except on party business”.
- You pose next to your life size standups so you can show the pictures to your friends, claiming to have met the cast members.
- You begin to refer to a few select items (or just as likely...one particular one) as “My Precioussss”
- You make a rule: You can live (at most) 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, 3 hours without LOTR, and 3 minutes without oxygen.
- You insist on going to Wal Mart at midnight every time a version of LOTR becomes available on VHS and DVD because you want it the INSTANT it’s available. (You're even more obsessed if you get it on both VHS and DVD).
- You insist that everyone be kind to the trees in your yard because they may actually just be Ents gone tree-ish.
- You celebrate the birthdays of both the characters and the actors from LOTR.
- You invent your own holiday that is to be spent doing nothing that does not involve LOTR.
- You find that this day is not all that different from your normal day.
- You can remember exactly how many times you’ve seen each LOTR movie right off the top of your head.
- You refuse to ever in your life watch any movies that won the award in a category that LOTR was nominated.
- You insist that Haldir is not really dead…he just “went to live on the farm”.
- You will rent ANY movie involving a Lord of the Rings actor, no matter how stupid it may be. *Cough ICE STORM cough cough CROC HUNTER cough*
- You make a countdown to the next LOTR movie for your classroom involving a ‘fact of the day’ each day.